Brian Leach

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Swan Song

Swan SongSwan Song by Robert R. McCammon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I grew up during the Reagan years when we regularly heard about the Doomsday Clock and feared the inevitable rain of nuclear missiles from Russia. These fears changed almost overnight beginning with the fall of the Berlin Wall but this time period is indelibly etched on my memory.

I have found that I really enjoy watching movies and reading books from the 80s that deal with this subject and Swan Song is definitely one of the best. The book paints a vivid picture of the despair and hopelessness that would certainly prevail should a nuclear holocaust ever break out. For a time I was reminded of 'The Stand' but McCammon's work strikes out on its own with an original tale to tell.

I highly recommend this book.



View all my reviews

No comments: